Higher Performance and Lower Cost
X2F technology breaks the rules of manufacturing for traditional polymeric lenses.
Low Pressure & Controlled Viscosity Molding (CVM)
The critical distinction between X2F’s technology and conventional injection molding technology is the method used to bring plastic to a low viscosity and how it is transferred into the injection mold.
This has a dramatic impact on the polymer molecules’ relationship to one another and the kind of tooling and machinery required to execute the process. The X2F process operates at 70+% lower pressure and eliminates the 5-25X viscosity spike in traditional molding technology.
Advantages of X2F’s Technology for Lenses
- Plastic lenses approaching quality of glass
- Reduced birefringence & anisotropic shrink
- Unique lens geometries
- One shot instead of multi-shot production
- Highly flexible, low cost tooling
- Almost zero waste in the molding process
Comments are closed.