The end of “can’t be done”
Our patented technology enables the manufacturing of parts that neither process-constrained injection molding nor scale-constrained additive manufacturing can produce.
“You’re able to mold materials that we want to but can’t.”
– Materials Engineering Manager at leading automotive OEM
Software & data
Process feedback loop
LOW PRESSURE & CONTROLLED VISCOSITY MOLDING
The X2F approach to molding is a completely new way to mold plastic and other materials. Combining specialized hardware, sensing data, and software enables dramatically reduced viscosity and pressure molding.
The step change in process parameters enables the use of previously un-moldable materials, the development of new ultra-high performance materials and the design of more intricate shapes to produce “can’t be done” parts.
When I first heard about your technology, it seemed too good to be true – like ‘magic’. If we could make this a reality, it would be phenomenal for both of us.
– Vice President, Manufacturing Technology Innovation at top 10 medical device OEM
- Using electrically generated heat instead of high pressure shearing, X2F is able to control the state of the melted material at ideal temperatures and pressures throughout the molding process
- X2F uses a multi-step extrusion process to deliver material into the mold using its patented “pulse-pack” process to fill the mold
- By continuously sensing mold cavity pressure and deploying its “pack, hold, and repack” process, X2F builds to the optimal mold pressure
- Because the process utilizes low pressure and controlled viscosity, X2F dramatically reduces material degradation and molded-in stress that are inherent issues in today’s conventional molding technologies
- As a result, X2F can mold advanced materials and complex geometries that were previously considered un-moldable
What we deliver
X2F is delivering capabilities with leading OEMs and tech companies in the following domains:
- COMMERCIAL ELECTRONICSImprove quality & yield • Enable advanced materials Overmolding of circuits • Miniaturization
- MEDICAL DEVICESEnable part integrity & repeatability • Migration to superior materials • Complex geometries
- AUTOMOTIVEEnable light-weighting • Enable advanced materials • Improved strength to weight
- CONSUMER TECHNOLOGYIncreased speed & yield • Increased performance Electronics protection • Dimensional stability
- INDUSTRIALImproved strength & durability • Enable solid-filled materials • Increased consistancy of part geometry
- POLYMER-BASED OPTICSReduced birefringence • Enable new & complex geometries • Enable new materials • Improved surface qualities
Comments are closed.